Anonymous Animus Ad Nauseam

Friday, November 11


My answer to my state's anti-smoking initiative:

Undoubtedly many smokers will respond to the new anti-smoking initiative with anger and frustration. I do not smoke tobacco, but I'll make an offer: I'll vote against unfair anti-smoking laws, if tobacco smokers vote for marijuana legalization. People who prefer marijuana to tobacco are not permitted to smoke in public or in private, facing legal penalties even for smoking in their homes. Now that the drug war is going after tobacco smokers and more people are feeling their freedoms threatened, perhaps an alliance can be formed to overrule laws that punish one group in the name of protecting another. People who don't smoke have a right to smoke-free environments, but smokers of tobacco and marijuana shouldn't be thrown out in the cold. There are less extreme ways to protect people's health than blanket bans.

Comments: Post a Comment

Home